How in the world did we end up with a negative eight dollar producer price differential (PPD) in July? What do markets look like moving forward? What tools can a dairy farm use to manage price risk in the future?
These are excellent questions and the focus of a three-part mini-series for Ohio’s dairy industry coming in November. The meetings will be live via zoom, so grab your lunch and join us on your computer or listen in from your phone from noon to one pm for any or all of these sessions:
Thursday, November 5th - How did we get to a -$8 PPD?
- Mark Stephenson, Director of Dairy Policy Analysis, University of Wisconsin
Tuesday, November 17th – Dairy Fundamental Outlook and Trade
- William Loux, Director of Global Trade Analysis, Dairy Export Council
- Mike McCully, McCully Group
Tuesday, November 24th – Dairy Risk Management Tools
- Kenny Burdine, Livestock Marketing and Management, University of Kentucky
- Jason Hartschuh, ANR Educator, The Ohio State University
- Chris Zoller, ANR Educator, The Ohio State University
Each session will last one hour with opportunities for questions. There is no cost for the program, but please register ahead at: http://go.osu.edu/DairyRiskManagement. You will receive an email with information about joining the program via the Zoom platform.